SERVPRO of Dearborn can handle any biohazard removal in the Metro Detroit area.
When an event leaving behind biohazardous materials occurs, you can count on SERVPRO of Dearborn for cleanup. A biohazard is any biologic matter causing risk to human health. Blood, bodily fluids, and biohazards can endanger anyone who comes in contact with them. With appropriate safety equipment and procedures, cleaning biohazards is SERVPRO of Dearborn’s specialty.
Why Choose a Trained Professional?
- Cleaning biohazards can be unsettling. They are often present after a traumatic event. A SERVPRO professional will clean the situation quickly, compassionately and discreetly.
- Federal regulations classify all human and animal remains, including blood, urine, feces, vomit and bodily fluids, as biohazards. They may carry potentially life-threatening pathogens such as Hepatitis B and C, AIDS, HIV, MRSA, and many more.
- The safe removal of biohazardous materials involves state-of-the-art cleaning technologies. Federal Regulation 29cfr1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to biohazard cleanup without first:
- Receiving Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) training.
- Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
- Being provided personal protective equipment.
- Been offered a Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
- Being provided a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.
Common Biohazard Scenarios
- Sewage backups
- Human Blood, Blood Products, Bodily Fluids
- Animal Waste
- Microbiological and Pathological Waste
- Medical Sharps Waste
About SERVPRO of Dearborn
SERVPRO® of Dearborn provides 24-hour disaster mitigation service to Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Melvindale and the greater Metro Detroit area. We specialize in the restoration of homes and businesses suffering losses from fire, water, soot, smoke, biohazard and storm damage. Our locally owned and operated 24/7 response team is just a phone call away. 313-359-3457
Specialty Cleaning Services
After police process a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin
Bio-hazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene
SERVPRO of Dearborn is equipped to handle any type of loss. When police finish processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, these scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants, which pose a serious health risk. The professionals at SERVPRO of Dearborn will respond immediately with the specialized training to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Our technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Their first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve blood borne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers.
Common Trauma and Crime Scene Scenarios
- Blood borne Pathogens
- SERVPRO of Dearborn removes and disposes of bodily fluids, tissue and other potential pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
- Crime Scene Residues
- From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO of Dearborn can clean and restore your property and contents.
- Arson & Vandalism
- SERVPRO of Dearborn is recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. We also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste.
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Dearborn follows federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of Dearborn is always just a phone call away. 313-359-4357