When an event leaving behind biohazardous materials occurs, you can count on SERVPRO of Dearborn for cleanup. A biohazard is any biologic matter causing risk to human health. Blood, bodily fluids, and biohazards can endanger anyone who comes in contact with them. With appropriate safety equipment and procedures, cleaning biohazards is SERVPRO of Dearborn’s specialty.
Why Choose a Trained Professional?
- Cleaning biohazards can be unsettling. They are often present after a traumatic event. A SERVPRO professional will clean the situation quickly, compassionately and discreetly.
- Federal regulations classify all human and animal remains, including blood, urine, feces, vomit and bodily fluids, as biohazards. They may carry potentially life-threatening pathogens such as Hepatitis B and C, AIDS, HIV, MRSA, and many more.
- The safe removal of biohazardous materials involves state-of-the-art cleaning technologies. Federal Regulation 29cfr1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to biohazard cleanup without first:
- Receiving Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) training.
- Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
- Being provided personal protective equipment.
- Been offered a Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
- Being provided a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.
Common Biohazard Scenarios
- Sewage backups
- Human Blood, Blood Products, Bodily Fluids
- Animal Waste
- Microbiological and Pathological Waste
- Medical Sharps Waste
About SERVPRO of Dearborn
SERVPRO® of Dearborn provides 24-hour disaster mitigation service to Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Melvindale and the greater Metro Detroit area. We specialize in the restoration of homes and businesses suffering losses from fire, water, soot, smoke, biohazard and storm damage. Our locally owned and operated 24/7 response team is just a phone call away. 313-359-3457