Water Damage in Your Home
Water damages in your home must be addressed quickly to prevent secondary water damage and mold growth. Enlisting the help of the professionals at SERVPRO of Dearborn and Dearborn Heights is a great first step. Here are some more steps to keep you safe and minimize damages until help arrives.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floor; wet materials may be heavy, be careful!
Once our team arrives on site, the Priority Responder will guide you through the process of restoring your property while our technicians get to work mitigating damage. It is helpful if you can provide the following information to us either during your initial call or when we arrive at your home:
- Name & Contact Information.
- Street Address of the affected home or business.
- Insurance Information if applicable.
- Cause of water damage.
- Approximate time water damage occurred.
- Is there electricity available on site?
About SERVPRO of Dearborn & Dearborn Heights Southeast
SERVPRO® of Dearborn & Dearborn Heights SE provides 24-hour disaster mitigation service. We specialize in the restoration of homes and businesses suffering losses from fire and smoke, water, flood, wind, and storm damage. Our locally owned and operated 24/7 response team is always just a phone call away. 313-359-3457