Saving our Rouge River Watershed
Michigan offers a wealth of natural resources for our enjoyment, none more enjoyable than our water. Dearborn is particularly fortunate to be part of the Rouge River Watershed. Friends of the Rouge, a Dearborn based organization promoting stewardship of the Rouge River ecosystem, provided some easy ways we can all help the watershed.
• If you must use fertilizer, use a slow release formula.
• Be sure to keep fertilizer off paved surfaces and out of drainage paths.
• Don’t dump chemicals, paints, oils into storm drains.
• Repair vehicles in areas where leaks and spills cannot flow into storm drains.
• Clean up animal waste before it rains.
• Don’t use your hose as broom. Sweep debris off your paved areas.
• Visit www.therouge.org for more information on watershed conservation.